Saturday, April 23, 2022

Meet Jennifer

Hello!  My name is Jennifer and my role at the Oxford Public library is to help provide readers’ advisory services in the adult department.  One of my greatest joys in life is reading.  I enjoy contemporary literature as well as nonfiction.  I love authors who use figurative language and who can change or give another viewpoint.  I am always seeking to broaden my literary experiences.  A current favorite nonfiction book that I am enjoying is The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown.  The book is about the nine American young men from the state of Washington who stunned the world by winning the gold medal in eight-oared rowing at the 1936 Olympics.  This is a beautifully written story that is touching and inspirational.

Here are a few of my recent favorites:

  • The Overstory by Richard Powers
  • This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
  • Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin

Thank you for your time.  

JE~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newest Post

Looking for Good Historical Fiction? Here are some highly recommended reads! Click on the titles to find copies! Published 2022-2023 The Lib...

Popular Posts